CONSIDER A PLANNED GIFT TO THE FORUM
Your planned gift to the Forum Legacy Fund will not only help us build a safer world today, but will also help us get closer to our vision of a world free from the fear of war for your children and grandchildren. Through charitable estate planning, you may further the long-term work of the Forum in a way that is consistent with your own financial goals and philanthropic objectives and provide a lasting legacy for your heirs.
We understand that making a planned gift is a significant decision, but you can be confident that your investment in the Forum will ensure a safer world today and for years to come. If you would like to discuss your planned giving to the Forum, please contact our Development Office.
Bequests. If you’d like to help build the long-term financial strength of the Forum, but feel you cannot make a significant gift today, your solution may be a charitable bequest. A bequest under your will or revocable trust can complement your lifestyle and commitments today while supporting the Forum tomorrow. Donors choose a bequest because:
• it is not payable until death, so it does not affect your assets or cash flow during your lifetime;
• it is revocable – you can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time; and
• it is private – your will is not filed or made public until your death.
Other Charitable Estate Planning Options. There are a number of ways that you can structure your charitable estate gifts so as to achieve your philanthropic objectives while also meeting your personal needs. These include, among others:
• creating a life-income plan such as a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust for the benefit of the Forum, which provides income to you during your lifetime;
• naming the Forum as a beneficiary of retirement plan assets, thus leaving your less-taxed assets to your heirs; and
• creating a charitable lead trust for the benefit of the Forum, which would pay income to the Forum for a fixed time and then pay the remainder to your heirs.
There are many estate planning strategies. Please consult your own financial and tax advisers for the plan that best meets your financial and philanthropic objectives.
LET US KNOW
The Forum gratefully acknowledges those who have made the Forum part of their legacy. If you have not already done so, please contact us to let us know if you have included the Forum in your estate planning or as a beneficiary of a disposition of assets. Your commitment today ensures that we can sustain the Forum’s independence and excellence for the future.