18-20 January 2012 | Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
With the support of the Center and the Royal Danish Government, from 18 to 20 January 2012, 21 Ethiopian officials received three days of advanced training on anti-money laundering, countering the financing of terrorism and other economic crimes. The training was conducted on behalf of the Center by the Danish State Prosecutor for Serious Economic Crimes, Mr Jens Madsen, and the head of the Danish Financial Intelligence Unit, Mr Jens Kauffeld Andreasen.Participants include:
- prosecutors from the Federal Ministry of Justice and the Regional Bureaux of Justice,
- officials from the Federal Police Commission,
- officials from the the Supreme, High and first instance courts,
- legal advisers at the Ethiopian Financial Intelligence Center, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, and the Central Bank, and
- Staff of the Ethiopian Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
The training was opened and closed by the Ethiopian State Minister of Justice (Ato Ahmed Abagisa). It was undertaken as part of an ongoing engagement by the Center with East African officials to strengthen AML/CFT capacity in the region.